The City of Doral Building Department is responsible for the review, processing, issuance, and inspection of building permits to ensure that construction within the City complies with the provisions of the Florida Building Code, the Miami-Dade County Code of Ordinances, and any relevant City Ordinances.
The Building Department recognizes the need to turnaround the review of applications quickly, the need of contractors to keep up with their construction schedule and, most importantly, the need for businesses to begin operating as soon as possible. With that in mind, the Department is always looking for ways to help applicants navigate through the permitting process.
As a result, the Department offers a host of services available to all applicants:
- Pre-Construction Meetings & Design Professional Day – Schedule via Doral 311
- Walk-thru Plans Processing – Small, residential projects up to 11x17 paper
- Fire/DERM Concurrent Plan Reviews – See announcement at the bottom of main page for instructions.
- Digital Plan Reviews – All applications can be submitted online through the permitting portal.
- Early Start Permitting – For non-Private Provider jobs, subject to approval by DERM, Zoning and Flood
- After-Hours Inspection Requests
- Temporary Certificate of Occupancy or Completion
Aside from processing permits, the Building Department is also responsible for:
- Identifying, registering, and inspecting boilers, unfired pressure vessels
- Monitoring and processing unsafe structures (properties that have been abandoned, have expired permits, or have been damaged in any way)
- Reviewing the inspection reports submitted by engineers certifying the structural and electrical soundness of buildings under the Building Milestone Program
- In the event of a natural disaster, the Department is responsible for performing damage assessment throughout the City after wind and rain events or other disasters
- Reducing flood losses via enforcement of the current federal and local regulations
- Collecting floodplain information and maintaining records of the community for participation in the Community Rating System (CRS)
- Promoting awareness of flood insurance
- Providing elevation and flood zone information
- Issuing Flood Insurance Rate Map information letters to customers
- Administers the Flood Protection Assistance program