City Manager - Edward A. Rojas
The City of Doral is a “Mayor-Council-Manager” form of government. On June 11, 2014, Edward A. Rojas was named Doral’s city manager.
Mr. Rojas’ formal education includes undergraduate studies in Architecture at the University of Florida and graduate studies in Construction Management at Florida International University.
Prior to becoming Doral’s city manager, Rojas possessed twenty (20) years of managerial and supervisory experience which included eleven (11) years of a diverse range of local government experience.
As city manager, Rojas serves as the City’s chief executive officer and is charged with supervising, coordinating, and administering the various functions of the City. He has direct responsibility for all departments, divisions, and office of the City with the exception of the city attorney and city clerk which are separately appointed by the City Council. He is responsible for the leadership and management of an organization with a workforce of over 420 employees, an annual budget of approximately $75 million, and provision of services to over 60,000 residents.
In his first two years as Manager, he was credited with helping restore integrity to the organization, promote government transparency and generate a cooperative atmosphere. Through his leadership, he has taken Doral’s organization to new heights of recognition.
- International City/County Management Association (ICMA)
- Florida City and County Management Association (FCCMA)
- Miami Dade City/County Manager’s Association (MDCCMA), past Treasurer, Secretary and currently President
- South Florida Building Officials (SFBO), past Treasurer
- 2015 Governmental Agency of the Year, Latin Builders Association, Inc.
- 2014 South Florida Building Officials Association Building Official of the Year
- 2013 South Florida Building Officials Association Outstanding Services as Chapter Treasurer
City Manager Edward A. Rojas can be reached via e-mail at