Councilman Pete Cabrera
Pete Cabrera is a man of dedication, responsibility and efficiency.
- Pete was born in Pinar del Rio, Cuba.
- In 1963, left Cuba directly to Miami and been a successful member of the exile community.
- In 1988, Pete moved into Doral where he has lived since.
- He is married to Marivi and has two adult children, Mari & Pete, his stepdaughter, Arantxa and four grandchildren, Amilia, Julian, Sebastian and Celina.
- Graduated form Coral Park High School in Miami.
- Attended Miami-Dade Community College
- Started his first Import-Export business at the age of 21.
- 35+ years-experience as Employee Benefits & Business Consultant.
- 20+ years-experience as a Key-Note Speaker and expert on the topic of Personalities, Human Behavioral Styles and Emotional Intelligence focusing on Teamwork, Management.
Pete is a man of true Public Service
- From 1981 to 2001, served on numerous boards and organizations in the Catholic Archdioceses of Miami.
- 2001 was a founding member and first registered parishioner in Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic church in Doral.
- Appointee to the Miami-Dade Public Schools Countywide Attendance Boundary Committee in 2001 to 2003.
- Appointee to the Miami-Dade Public Schools Countywide Overcrowding Task Force in 2001 to 2003.
- Vice-President and Co-Founder 2001 of “One Doral”, a Community Based Organization.
- Before we became a City, as Vice-President of “One Doral”, Pete helped organize the first 4th of July Parade and Picnic.
- Is a Founding Member of the City of Doral.
- Served as the founding Vice Mayor from 2003-2008, then again in 2016 and is currently the Vice Mayor.
- Vice Mayor Cabrera is the longest serving member of the City Council, having dedicated 16 of the city’s 18-year history to serving the residents and business of Doral.
Elected to the Council on November 4th, 2014, Pete Cabrera.