Public Affairs Newsroom
Welcome to the Official City of Doral Virtual Newsroom!
The Public Affairs Division provides proactive, responsive and timely information to the public regarding City services, programs, projects, special events and emergency notifications. The division is dedicated to developing positive relationships with the media and creating opportunities for the community to engage in the decision-making process with the City. It also oversees the City of Doral’s brand identity, the City’s website, coordinates special communications-related projects for various departments and manages Doral TV.
Check out the latest headlines from the City of Doral!
General E-mail: PublicAffairs@cityofdoral.com
Maggie Santos is the Communications Director,
Get the City's news stories sent to your e-mail inbox. Click here to sign up for e-notification. The City of Doral strives to make sure that you get your news straight from the source. We post up-to-minute news stories throughout the day.
Follow Us on Social Media
Important Information: Florida has a very broad Public Records Law. Most written communications to or from City Officials regarding City business are public records available to the Public and Media upon request. Your e-mail communications may therefore be subject to public disclosure.
Request for Use of Facility
Certain City of Doral public facilities can be used by approved non-profit organizations for events/meetings that benefit the Doral community.
If interested, please complete required forms
and submit via email with supporting documentation to Marco.Giron@cityofdoral.com.
Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact 305-593-6725.
Social Media Disclaimer:
The City of Doral welcomes and encourages open dialogue on the City Social Media Site(s) and looks forward to comments and suggestions from our citizens. Before you post, please make sure you read and understand our Social Media Disclaimer.
The opinions and/or views expressed on City Social Media Site(s), including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and VIMEO pages, represents the thoughts of individuals and online communities, and not solely those of the City of Doral.
The City of Doral will make reasonable efforts to monitor, measure, moderate and engage the community on the City Social Media Site(s). We will strive to acknowledge comments or queries within regular business hours. Our response times may differ depending on the volume of posts that we receive.
The City of Doral will only monitor and respond to comments on the City Social Media Site(s) during standard business hours, unless required otherwise.
The City of Doral and its employees will take all possible steps to ensure that all the information posted is complete and accurate. If a posting is discovered to be inaccurate we will do our best to correct it. The City of Doral shall have no liability for the accuracy of the information and cannot be held liable for any third-party claims or losses of any damages. No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed, or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, is given with respect to the contents of Social Media or its links to other online resources.
Posts on the City Social Media Site(s) will not be moderated before they appear. However, the City of Doral reserves the right to review, edit and/or delete any comments it deems as inappropriate use.
Users who do not adhere to the following guidelines may have their comments and privileges edited or removed:
- Be polite: Inappropriate language will not be tolerated and posts containing discriminatory, racist, offensive, obscene, vulgar, profane, inflammatory, unlawful or otherwise inappropriate and/or objectionable statements, language or content will be removed.
- Personal attacks: We recognize that questioning, constructive arguments and opinions are part of conversation, but posts with aggressive personal attacks, defamatory in nature and/or threatening will be removed immediately.
- Personal information: For your own safety and the safety of others, posts that violate privacy and/or include personal information including your own will be removed.
- On-topic comments: All discussion participants are reminded to stay on topic. Off topic comments and postings will be removed to encourage and facilitate effective discussions.
- Political comments: Blatantly partisan comments, such as those explicitly in support of/or detracting from a candidate or potential candidate will be removed.
- Comment spam: Posts deemed as spam and/or explicit commercial endorsements will be removed.
- Blocking: Individuals who repeatedly disregard these discussion guidelines will be contacted about their behavior. In extreme circumstances, users may be banned from participating. The City of Doral wants everyone’s voice to be heard; please respect the rules.
Inappropriate Use - means one or more of the following:
- Transmitting any materials in violation of Federal, State or local laws;
- Using vulgar, profane or inappropriate language;
- Transmitting or posting threatening, abusive, discriminatory or obscene material;
- Duplicating, storing or transmitting copyrighted material;
- Lobbying for political purposes;
- Duplicating, storing or transmitting pornographic material;
- Suggesting or supporting illegal activity;
- Posting material that is likely to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Advertising or soliciting on behalf of businesses or not-for-profit organizations;
- Posting material that is not topically related to the Content; and
- Repetitive or multiple postings by a single user.
Please note: All comments regarding City of Doral municipal elections or election candidates will be considered off-topic and will be removed.
As a visitor or user, you agree that you will not violate any laws and regulations, including copyright, intellectual property rights laws and others regarding any content that you send or receive. You also agree you will not transmit any material in any manner that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortuous, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an invasion of another's privacy, is hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable as solely determined by the City of Doral’s staff; impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials or any other form of solicitation; transmit any material that contains software "viruses."
By submitting content to any of the City Social Media Site(s), you understand and acknowledge that this information is available to the public and as such, is considered a public record. Even comments that are removed will be archived and are deemed “public records” as discussed below. All comments posted on this site are considered “public records” under the Florida Public Records Law (Chapter 119, Florida Statutes) and will be made available to any person who requests them. The comments will also be archived by the City in accordance with the Public Records Law. The City will use a third-party service provider to automatically capture and retain all social media interaction on City-owned social media accounts. Any comments that are removed (see discussion regarding removal of comments below) are also considered “public records”. Please note:
Any members of the community who have questions regarding the Social Media Disclaimer can forward their queries to PublicAffairs@cityofdoral.com.
The City of Doral (COD) reserves the right to use any photograph/video taken at any event sponsored by COD, without the expressed written permission of those included within the photograph/video. COD may use the photograph/video in publications or other media material produced, used or contracted by COD including but not limited to: brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, etc.
To ensure the privacy of individuals and children, images will not be identified using full names or personal identifying information without written approval from the photographed subject, parent or legal guardian.
A person attending a COD event who does not wish to have their image recorded for distribution should make their wishes known to the photographer, and/or the event organizers, and/or contact COD at 8401 N.W. 53rd Terrace, Doral, FL 33166, in writing of his/her intentions and include a photograph. COD will use the photo for identification purposes and will hold it in confidence.
By participating in a COD event or by failing to notify COD, in writing, your desire to not have your photograph used by COD, you are agreeing to release, defend, hold harmless and indemnify the COD from any and all claims involving the use of your picture or likeness.
Any person or organization not affiliated with COD may not use, copy, alter or modify COD photographs, graphics, videography or other, similar reproductions or recordings without the advance written permission of an authorized designee from COD.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!