Local Business Tax Introduction:
Local business taxes (formerly known as occupational licenses) vary depending on the nature of business. A receipt is required for each place of business and for each separate classification at the same location.
A business located within the City of Doral is required to obtain both a city receipt and a County receipt.
- Local Business Tax Receipts are issue for one year, beginning October 1 and expiring on September 30 of each year.
- The Local Business Tax Receipt and Certificate of Use must be displayed conspicuously at your place of business and in such a manner as to be open to the view of the public and subject to inspection by all duly authorized City of Doral officers.
- The Occupational License office must be notified in writing regarding any changes to the following: business name or ownership, location, number of employees, equipment, machines or any other contingency.
- If the business ceases operation, the owner must return the Local Business Tax Receipt to the Occupational License office.
- Some Local Business Tax Categories have specific additional requirements. Some applicants are eligible for exemptions.
How to Apply
Please be advised that you must get Derm approval on our applications and have the fire inspection report before submitting your paperwork to the city. We will not accept your applications if these conditions have not been met.
Step 1. YOU MUST RECEIVE APPROVAL FOR BUSINESS USE IN REQUESTED LOCATION:
Please email Licensing Division email@example.com, we will inform you if your use requires a Planning and Zoning approval. If so you will be provided with the Preliminary Zoning Verification Form and steps to follow to receive approval.
ONCE APPROVAL FROM THE CITY OF DORAL HAS BEEN OBTAINED, THE LICENSING DIVISION WILL PROVIDED YOU WITH THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO PROCEED WITH STEP 2.
Step 2. THE DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (DERM) APPROVAL AS WELL AS FIRE INSPECTION APPROVAL (YOU MAY NOT PROCEED UNTIL DIRECTED BY THE LICENSING DIVISION)
Obtain Fire Inspection Report:
ONCE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS HAVE BEEN MET (DERM, FIRE) AND ANY OTHER APPROVALS (EXAMPLE BUILDING PERMITS AND STATE LICENSES), YOU ARE READY TO PROCEED TO STEP 3.
STEP 3. CREATE ACCOUNT AND APPLY ONLINE ON OUR PORTAL:
-Once account has been created please apply for your license
-Under “Apply” tab please look under “Licenses” row and at the bottom click “All”
-Once page has loaded please click on your corresponding application (please look for processes under BTR)
***TO APPLY YOU MUST HAVE ALL BELOW REQUIREMENTS MET|
- DERM Approval
- Fire Inspection Approval
- Corporate documents from Tallahassee. (Articles of Incorporation)
- Document showing the Federal Employer Id from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Fictitious Name (DBA) Registration from Tallahassee, if applicable.
- Executed Lease Agreement or Sublease for proposed location. Copy of DEED required (if owner).
- State license(s) (if applicable).
- Copy of Certificate of Occupancy issued by City of Doral Building Department (if applicable).
If business is home based, please contact the Chief Licensing Officer.
BELOW PLEASE FIND A STEP BY STEP PROCESS FOR A BUSINESS TAX & CERTIFICATE OF USE:
How to Apply for a City Business Tax Receipt, Pay Fees and Print Copy from Home or Office
BELOW PLEASE FIND A STEP BY STEP PROCESS ON HOW TO RENEW YOUR BUSINESS TAX RECEIPT: