Occupational Licenses Introduction:
Local business taxes (formerly known as occupational licenses) vary depending on the nature of business. A receipt is required for each place of business and for each separate classification at the same location. Receipts are transferable when there is a change of ownership, business location or trade name. Also, in order to operate a business a Certificate of Use is required to determine if that business is allowed to operate in a specific zoning district and under what conditions. Certificate of Use is not transferable.
- A business located within the City of Doral is required to obtain both a city receipt and a County receipt.
- Local Business Tax Receipts are issue for one year, beginning October 1 and expiring on September 30 of each year.
- New requirements and procedure for Local Business Tax Receipts pursuant Ordinance No. 13-24.
- Local Business Tax Receipts Regulations and Procedures
- Local Business Tax Receipts Adopted Fee Schedule
- Certificate of Use has a one-time fee based on the business location square footage as follow:
- All uses per square foot: $0.055
- Minimum Fee: $174.00
- Maximum Fee: $1,150.00
- The Local Business Tax Receipt and Certificate of Use must be displayed conspicuously at your place of business and in such a manner as to be open to the view of the public and subject to inspection by all duly authorized City of Doral officers.
- The Occupational License office must be notified in writing regarding any changes to the following: business name or ownership, location, number of employees, equipment, machines or any other contingency.
- If the business ceases operation, the owner must return the Local Business Tax Receipt to the Occupational License office.
- Some Local Business Tax Categories have specific additional requirements. Some applicants are eligible for exemptions.
How to Apply
Please be advised that you must get Derm approval on our applications and have the fire inspection report before submitting your paperwork to the city. We will not accept your applications if these conditions have not been met.
Step 1. Fill out, sign, and notarize the following applications:
LOCAL BUSINESS TAX RECEIPT APPLICATION
CERTIFICATE OF USE APPLICATION
AFFIDAVIT OF APPLICATION AND DISCLOSURE
Step 2. Take the applications to the department of environmental resource management (DERM) for approval.
DERM is located at: 11805 Coral Way (SW 26 St). 786-315-2800
Open to the public 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
STEP 3. Obtain Fire Inspection Report.
visit WWW.MIAMIDADE.GOV/FIRE or you can request in person at 9300 NW 41st Street, Miami, FL 33178-2414
Step 4. Submit applications with copies of the following documents:
- Corporate documents from Tallahassee. (Articles of Incorporation)
- Document showing the Federal Employer Id from the IRS (Internal Revenue)
- Fictitious Name Registration from Tallahassee, if applicable.
- Executed Lease Agreement or Sublease for location. If owner, copy of DEED required
- State license for your profession, if applicable
- TOTAL FEE (Please contact City Hall Occupational License Division for fee calculation)
If business is home based, please submit the homeowner association letter. Home based business affidavit.
DME-rent and sales of medical equipment, diabetic products, must provide a list with all the equipment and products that the company provides.
Home health care must have a license from AHCA in order to apply. Must request a zoning verification letter. Fee for letter $50.00.