Occupational Licenses Introduction
Local business taxes (formerly known as occupational licenses) vary depending on the nature of business. A receipt is required for each place of business and for each separate classification at the same location. Receipts are transferable when there is a change of ownership, business location or trade name. Also, in order to operate a business a Certificate of Use is required to determine if that business is allowed to operate in a specific zoning district and under what conditions. Certificate of Use is not transferable.
- A business located within the City of Doral is required to obtain both a city receipt and a County receipt.
- Local Business Tax Receipts are issue for one year, beginning October 1 and expiring on September 30 of each year.
- New requirements and procedure for Local Business Tax Receipts pursuant Ordinance No. 13-24
- Local Business Tax Receipts Regulations and Procedures
- Local Business Tax Receipts Adopted Fee Schedule
- Certificate of Use has a one-time fee based on the business location square footage as follow:
- All uses per square foot: $0.055
- Minimum Fee: $174.00
- Maximum Fee: $1,150.00
- The Local Business Tax Receipt and Certificate of Use must be displayed conspicuously at your place of business and in such a manner as to be open to the view of the public and subject to inspection by all duly authorized City of Doral officers.
- The Occupational License office must be notified in writing regarding any changes to the following: business name or ownership, location, number of employees, equipment, machines or any other contingency.
- If the business ceases operation, the owner must return the Local Business Tax Receipt to the Occupational License office.
- Some Local Business Tax Categories have specific additional requirements. Some applicants are eligible for exemptions.
Launch BTR Online