Doral Legacy Park Adopt-a-Garden Program
The City of Doral is seeking community groups and individuals interested participating in the first community garden located in a park! A community garden is a collaborative greenspace in which the participants share in both the maintenance and the rewards. Participating groups may adopt-a-plot for a period of one (1) year.
Adoptees sign a one (1) year commitment to:
- Visit their plot on a bi-weekly basis for routine maintenance
- Planting vegetables, fruits, or flowers to promote the use of urban community gardens.
- Using the space for recreational or educational purposes only.
The City would commit to providing:
- A sign with the group’s name in the designated plot
- A starter kit of gardening tools.
- Limited storage space for gardening tools and equipment.
- Access to potable water at the community garden.
- Recognition at a Council Meeting during the project.
Where is the community garden located?
Our community garden is located at Doral Legacy Park and features six (6) open plots.
What can I plant?
Groups and/or individuals are encouraged to plant vegetables, fruits, flowers, or native plantings.
How do I get started?
- Complete the Adopt-A-Garden Registration Form. Include your proposed use of the space.
- E-mail the completed form to Sebastian.Aguas@cityofdoral.com.
- If you have any questions or comments, contact Sebastian Aguas, Community Center Supervisor,
at 305-341-3601 or Sebastian.Aguas@cityofdoral.com.
Note: Plots will be assigned to applicants in the order applications are received.