How to Apply
To renew your 2020-2021 BTR number, please contact the Licensing Division email@example.com so you may be provided with our new online payment portal.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT YOU MUST OBTAIN DERM APPROVAL AND PROVIDE PROOF OF FIRE INSPECTION REPORT BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CITY. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT YOUR APPLICATIONS UNTIL THESE CONDITIONS HAVE BEEN MET.
STEP 1. YOU MUST RECEIVE APPROVAL FOR BUSINESS USE IN REQUESTED LOCATION:
- Please email the Licensing Division firstname.lastname@example.org, they will inform you if your use requires a Planning and Zoning approval. If so you will be provided with the Preliminary Zoning Verification Form and steps to follow to receive approval.
ONCE APPROVAL FROM THE CITY OF DORAL HAS BEEN OBTAINED, THE LICENSING DIVISION WILL PROVIDED YOU WITH THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO PROCEED WITH STEP 2.
STEP 2. THE DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (DERM) APPROVAL AS WELL AS FIRE INSPECTION APPROVAL (YOU MAY NOT PROCEED UNTIL DIRECTED BY THE LICENSING DIVISION)
ONCE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS HAVE BEEN MET (DERM, FIRE) AND ANY OTHER APPROVALS (EXAMPLE BUILDING PERMITS AND STATE LICENSES), YOU ARE READY TO PROCEED TO STEP 3.
STEP 3. CREATE ACCOUNT AND APPLY ONLINE ON OUR PORTAL:
- Link to Citizen Self-Service Portal
-Once account has been created please apply for your license
-Under “Apply” tab please look under “Licenses” row and at the bottom click “All”
-Once page has loaded please click on your corresponding application (please look for processes under BTR)
***TO APPLY YOU MUST HAVE ALL BELOW REQUIREMENTS MET
- DERM Approval
- Fire Inspection Approval
- Corporate documents from Tallahassee. (Articles of Incorporation)
- Document showing the Federal Employer Id from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Fictitious Name (DBA) Registration from Tallahassee, if applicable.
- Executed Lease Agreement or Sublease for proposed location. Copy of DEED required (if owner).
- State license(s) (if applicable).
- Copy of Certificate of Occupancy issued by City of Doral Building Department (if applicable).
If business is home based, please contact the the Licensing Division.
BELOW PLEASE FIND A STEP BY STEP PROCESS FOR A BUSINESS TAX & CERTIFICATE OF USE: