Civilian Observer Program
The Doral Police Civilian Observer Program, also known as Police Ride Along, provides interested citizens with an opportunity to observe Doral Police Department patrol officers in their work environment by riding along with the officers in their patrol vehicles during the course of their official duties. Criminal background history is checked on all volunteers for the program.
Individuals must also sign a waiver of liability form and meet one of the following criteria:
Be at least eighteen (18) years of age and meet one of the following criteria:
- Be an active law enforcement officer from another jurisdiction.
- Be a member or employee of an accredited news service.
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited program of study directly associated with or aligned with a criminal justice career.
- Be involved with an approved program or research that is directly related to police techniques and procedures.
- Be an interested civilian living within the limits of the City of Doral.
- Have other legitimate reasons as determined and approved by the Chief of Police.
Please print and complete the release, waiver and request for permission to observe police operations application below:
Citizen Ride Along Program Form
Fax the application to the Administration Division at 786-871-1501 or send by mail to the Doral Police Department 6100 NW 99th Avenue Doral, Florida, 33178 or via Email at firstname.lastname@example.org . If the application is faxed, please call the Administration Division the following day at 305-593-6699 Extension 2115 to ensure the paperwork was received. If the application was mailed, please call within seven business days. Applicant will need to include their email address if they wish to be contacted by email.
* Completing this form does not guarantee that your ride-along request will be approved. It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm receipt of the application.*