Façade Improvement Program
The Doral Façade Improvement Grant Program provides financial assistance to businesses, homeowner associations and commercial property owners in Doral in order to stimulate private sector investment, beautification, economic growth and job creation in the City, by improving the appearance of the buildings within City boundaries. All grant funding is provided as reimbursement for project costs.
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO CITYCLERK@CITYOFDORAL.COM, FEBRUARY 11- MARCH 15, 2019, BY 3:30PM.
The competitive reimbursement grant program provides financial assistance for external façade improvements to properties within the specified target area. The Façade Improvement Grant Program facilitates redevelopment by:
- Reimbursing up to 50% of the costs, up to $10,000 per property, for façade improvements.
- The program is available for the renovation of all business structures, commercial properties and publicly visible HOA entry features within the City of Doral. SEE MAP BELOW
- Highly visible buildings along major roads and properties within the Doral Décor District will be prioritized.
- Grant applications will be accepted by the City Clerk during advertised grant application cycles and reviewed by an Evaluation Committee whose recommendations will be brought to the City Council meeting for approval.
Eligible ImprovementsThe program provides financial assistance for the following external “facelift” improvements:
- Walls/Fencing/Railings *
- ADA improvements *
- Pedestrian amenities *
- Windows/Doors *
- Awnings/Canopies *
- Painting (no Building permit required)
- Detached monument signs (Planning/Zoning review required)
- Sidewalks/Surface Parking * (Public Works permit required)
* May require Miami-Dade Fire & other outside agency review.
Please note that a grant application should not be considered an application for a building permit. For more info, please visit the Building Department.
Conditions for automatic disqualification
- Businesses that relocate out of the district during the process.
- Must not have delinquent loan (s) and/or unresolved liens.
- Must not have an active violation from the City of Doral for the work to be funded by the grant.
- Construction must not have begun on the work to be funded by the grant.
- Applications submitted before or after the advertised grant cycle will not be eligible.
Application RequirementsAll businesses must be located in the City of Doral and provide the following:
- Submit one completed original application with all requested documentation, including 3 estimates from licensed contractors for each improvement.
- Provide proof that the business has been operating for the past 1 year, (example: License, State Corporations, Sales Tax, or utility bill.) Proof must be in business’ name (include copy only).
- Must submit a current Local Business Tax receipt.
- Must submit printed copy of your active State of Florida Corporation OR Fictitious Name if business is incorporated (sunbiz.org).
- Must submit picture of the façade of the business location.
- Must submit renderings of the proposed façade improvement project, signed by a design professional.
- Must provide copy of picture ID (driver’s license, Florida ID, or Immigration card) of owner.
- A physical address is required. No P.O Box as mailing address allowed.
- For Homeowner Associations, only publicly visible communal entry features are eligible. Application must be submitted by Homeowner Association and include proof of approval by the association ruling body.
- A pre-application meeting with the staff liaison is required. Please contact Manuel Pila at Manuel.Pila@CityofDoral.com.
- This grant application shall be submitted during the application cycle, before deadline, to the City Clerk along with all required documentation including project plans and three (3) quotes from licensed contractors outlining specific job scope.
- Application will be reviewed by the Economic Development division and scored by a committee appointed by the City Manager.
- Additional submittal documents may be requested upon review of this application.
- Applicant will be informed of the approval or denial of this application in writing.
- If the application is approved, the applicant must then obtain all applicable building permits and approval from Building Department and authorities having jurisdiction, as well as pay applicable fees.
- Applicants must submit a Final Payment Request including façade improvement project expenditures, applicable building permits and proof of final inspection to the Economic Development division for reimbursement.
- The grant funds will be issued upon completion of the approved improvements as stipulated in the grant agreement, pending approval of the final inspection by the Building Department and authorization by the City Manager.
Application DownloadFaçade Improvement Grant Application Form
Completed grant applications shall be submitted to the:
City of Doral
8401 NW 53rd Terrace
Doral, FL 33166
Please submit 1 original completed application during the advertised grant cycle. We suggest you keep a copy also, for your records. Applications submitted before or after the advertised grant cycle will not be eligible.
For additional information, please contact:
Manuel Pila - Economic Developer
305-593-6725 ext. 7016
Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE)
In August 2016, the City of Doral implemented the Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) program, a federally-inspired and state-approved endeavor to incentivize property owners to gain access to available funding for home energy-saving upgrades. It provides homeowners an additional voluntary option when considering how to finance improvements to their property that will increase energy efficiency, as well as safeguard their homes from hurricanes. A wide range of improvements are included in the program from impact windows and doors to solar panels and efficient air conditioners.
PACE allows property owners to pay for energy-efficient upgrades by accessing the equity in their homes, without credit checks and without compromising their income/debt ratio. Property owners can choose terms between 15-25 years and pay off their investment through an add-on to their yearly tax bill.
What is PACE?
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) program is design to provides residences with an alternative mechanism for financing energy conservation and efficiency (i.e. energy-efficient heating, cooling, or ventilation systems), renewable energy (i.e. solar panels), wind resistance (i.e. impact resistant windows) and other improvements that are consistent with state law.
- PACE is an integrated energy program design to protect our natural resources (i.e. reduction in carbon footprint and energy cost) while improving the quality of life of our residences in a cost-effective manner.
- PACE is an important component of the city’s comprehensive economic development program because it generates new employment and business opportunities in our community and positively impacts the tax base of the city.
- PACE has generated significant amount of investment in energy efficiency technology that translate into financial savings for residents and business owners.
- The method of financing (property assessments) under the PACE Program provides a secure, well established payback mechanism that enables lower borrowing costs.
- PACE Programs must comply with applicable federal and state consumer laws and include adequate disclosures to and training for homeowners participating in the program.
- PACE Programs will help assure that energy retrofits are designed to pay for themselves within a reasonable period, and homeowners are protected against fraud or substandard work.