The City of Doral Police Department would like to give you a few bicycle burglary prevention tips. There are many things owners and residents can do to protect themselves, their neighbors and their property. By taking actions to prevent bicycle burglaries and reporting suspicious activity, residents can curb burglaries in their neighborhoods and public parking lots.
Things to do:
- Always lock your doors, windows, sliding glass doors, and garage door.
- Keep your garage door remote out of plain view, and if stolen, change the remote control frequency.
- Always put personal property, especially bicycles inside of your home.
- Consider an alarm system and/or security camera system.
- Report to police any person(s) in your neighborhood who appear suspicious or out of place. If possible get a description of the subjects.