Post Storm Recovery Fact Sheet

Post Irma Fact Sheet Header

Dear Residents, Business Owners, and Visitors:

The City of Doral is doing everything possible post Hurricane Irma to bring normalcy to the residents and business owners of our beloved community. City personnel is working hard to clean the city over the next few days and we appreciate the support and understanding through the process. As of today, Public Works is arranging for hurricane debris pick-up on public right-of-way.

As for Florida Power & Light (FPL), the City has been in contact with our partners to ensure rapid power restoration for the City of Doral. FPL has assured us that crews are restoring power safely and quickly as possible. To report or check the status of an outage, please call 1-800-4-OUTAGE (1-800-468-8243). Call 911 for life-threatening emergencies.

FEMA Assistance
Anyone who suffered damage due to Hurricane Irma and do not have insurance can apply for assistance from FEMA. Visit or call FEMA at 1-800-621-FEMA for more information.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Who is responsible for debris pick-up in my neighborhood that does NOT have a Homeowner Association (HOA)?
Property owners.

Who is responsible for debris pick-up inside communities managed by a Homeowner’s Association (HOA)?
The Homeowner’s Associations are responsible for their respective community debris pick-up and disposal at a designated Miami-Dade County Solid Waste facility.

Is the City of Doral responsible for residential debris pick-up and/or disposal inside communities managed by a Homeowner Association?

Where do you dispose your residential debris?
Private communities and residents served by Miami-Dade County Department of Solid Waste should dispose of debris at Palm Springs North 2, 7870 NW 178 Street, Hialeah, FL 33015. Trash and Recycling Centers are open daily from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Where do you dispose your commercial debris?
Commercial entities should dispose of debris at North Dade Landfill, 21500 NW 47 Avenue, Miami, FL 33055. Landfill Centers are open seven days a week, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Who do I report illegal dumping?
Illegal dumping should be reported to the Doral Police Department (305-593-6699) or the Doral Code Compliance Department (305-593-6680) for proper follow-up, documentation, and enforcement.

Do I need a permit from the City of Doral Building Department to repair or replace my fence?
Am I responsible for replacing any trees or landscaping damaged during Hurricane Irma?

Are you required to pull permits to repair or replace damage to my roof?
(i.e. loss tiles, shingles, etc.) Yes.

Do I need a sign permit to repair/replace the existing sign or monument sign destroyed or damaged by Hurricane Irma?
Does my contractor need to be licensed and insured?

How can I find out if my contractor is licensed and insured?
You may visit to verify a current license with the Department of Business and Professional Regulation or to Broward or Dade County’s occupational license pages at

Whom do I need to contact if I lose power?
Florida Power and Light (FPL) outage and restoration information is available by calling 1-800-4-OUTAGE (1.800.468.8243) or through their mobile website at

For the latest updates from the City of Doral, visit and please follow us on Facebook (@cityofdoral) and Twitter (@cityofdoral @doralpolice).
2022 Copyright City of Doral
8401 NW 53rd Terrace Doral, Florida 33166
Contact Us   |   Job Opportunities   |   Privacy Policy