Miami Dade Emergency Rental Program 2.3 (ERAP 2.3)
The Emergency Rental Program (ERAP) is now open for applications. If you have any questions, please call 305-723-1815 or send an email to ERAP@miamidade.gov.
The Emergency Rental Assistance Program 2.3 provides rental payment assistance for up to 12 months in arrears, if you meet certain income qualifications and are experiencing financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The amount of rental assistance you receive will depend on the amount of unpaid rent. Applications are accepted until Friday, June 25 at 5 p.m.
Eligibility & Requirements
- You must be a Miami-Dade resident
- You are unable to pay your full rent as a result of a COVID-19 caused financial hardship
- Your current household income must not exceed 80 percent of annual Area Median Income (AMI) for Miami-Dade County
- There must be an executed lease between you and the property owner or landlord
- You must certify that your household does not receive any other subsidy that is not wholly covered by a subsidized housing program
You will be contacted by a case manager on how to submit this documentation.
- Proof of being financially impacted by the COVID-19 (e.g., layoff letter, unemployment claim, etc.)
- Your current lease or pages of current lease showing address of home, amount of lease rent, term of lease or if your lease is on a month-to-month basis, and signature of you and landlord
- Government issued photo ID for all household members (e.g., driver’s license, passport, birth certificate)
- Proof of current income for all household members (e.g., recent pay stubs, layoff letter, unemployment benefits letter, etc.)
Your owner/landlord will be contacted by a case manager on how to submit this documentation.
- Owner W-9 form
- An agreement that the County will provide to landlords accepting rental assistance containing certain program conditions
For any questions please refer to https://www.miamidade.gov/global/housing/emergency-rental-assistance-program.page.
You can send an email to ERAP@miamidade.gov or by calling 305-723-1815.
Landlords are encouraged to contact the program at LandlordsERAP@miamidade.gov or call 786-688-2440 to refer tenants who are behind in their rent.