Government Center

Can I report a complaint anonymously?

Beginning July 1, 2021, the Florida Governor signed into law Senate Bill 60, which now prohibits all code compliance departments in the State of Florida from initiating investigations into potential violations of a code or ordinance by way of an anonymous complaint. A person who reports a potential violation must provide his or her name and address before an investigation occurs. This new rule does not apply if the code inspector believes that the violation presents an imminent threat to the public health, safety, or welfare or imminent destruction of habitat or sensitive resources.

What are the licenses that are needed to conduct my business?

If you are operating a business within the City of Doral you will need an Business Tax Receipt (BTR) issued by the Licensing Division of the City of Doral and a Certificate of Use (Zoning Use Permit). The BTR is renewed annually on October 1, and the Certificate of Use is a one-time permit. If the business obtained a Certificate of Use from Miami-Dade County and the business is still located at the same address, the business is not required to obtain a Certificate of Use from the City of Doral; however, a BTR is still required from the City of Doral.

Am I allowed to place signs in the right-of- way to advertise my business?

The City of Doral has adopted the Miami-Dade County Code which prohibits the placement of any signs in the public right-of way. Under the provision of the County Code, the Code Compliance Department is granted the authority to immediately remove all signs that are observed in the right-of-way. Also, the Code Compliance Department has the authority to issue a civil violation notice to the responsible party for each of the signs that were removed.

My neighbor is operating a business from their residence, what are the regulations concerning a home business?

The Mayor and City Council on May 10, 2006 adopted Ordinance No. 2006-14, “Home Based Business Ordinance”. In order to operate a home based business, a license must first be issued by the City of Doral Licensing Division. A home based business license only allows for an office and is not to be used for visiting customers or the storage of merchandise.

I want to distribute flyers on cars, is this permitted in the City of Doral?

The City of Doral wishes to maintain a city free of litter; as such Ordinance No. 2006-02 was adopted on February 8, 2006 which prohibits the placement of flyers/handbills on cars parked within the city. A Code Compliance Officer can issue a citation in the amount of $100 for each flyer/handbill that has been placed on a vehicle.

A development has started construction near my house and the noise from the construction has wakened me early in the morning and during the weekend. What are the hours that construction sites are allowed to operate?

On October 11, 2006 the Mayor and City Council Adopted Ordinance No: 2006-23 which regulates the hours of construction. For construction sites located in residential districts, the hours that construction work can be performed are from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on weekdays and 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturdays. No construction work is permitted on Sundays and National Holidays. For business districts, construction work is permitted between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. on weekdays and 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. during daylight savings time.

2022 Copyright City of Doral
Contact Us   |   Job Opportunties   |   Privacy Policy