|The IT Department is in charge of the design, implementation, and support of all the information systems that comprise the government of the City of Doral. Critically, the department is responsible for ensuring that the city’s data is protected from unauthorized modifications (data integrity) and for network security.|
Additionally, the department is responsible for the following:
- Define procedures and guidelines for usage of information technology for general staff and web visitors.
Define internal policies and guidelines to ensure data confidentiality and system auditability. Do strategic
and operational planning for IT including disaster preparation and recovery procedures.
- Ensure interdepartmental interoperability of data systems and establish telecommunication, network,
database, and application layer standards to ensure full integration of new systems into the existing infrastructure.
- Provide technical expertise to other departments on the Information Technology issues including research
and price new technologies to meet departmental needs. Prepares RFPs RFQs, and RFIs as needed for the
implementation of new systems.
- Coordinate with external agencies to design and implement confidentiality and authentication systems for
the secure exchange of legal and sensitive materials electronically. Liaison with other regional, state, or
national jurisdictions, as well as the user community, to promote automatic services. Coordinate with
programming/technical staff to ensure compliance with the city’s IT policies.
- Certify server mirroring with respect to the servers at our collocation in the NAP of the Americas; certify
daily backups, and ensure proper operation of our fault tolerance and disaster recovery systems.
- Do the general database administration of our databases including Building, Code-enforcement, Record
Management systems and other database administration as necessary to maintain city operations.
- Manage the daily operations of the city’s Help Desk, the Doral’s public access television channel, the virtual
private networks between sites, the building Security access and Alarm systems, the spam filters and
network protection firewalls, the record management and mail systems, and the daily Backups.