The Building Department recognizes the need to turnaround the review of applications quickly, the need of contractors to keep up with their construction schedule and, most importantly, the need for businesses to begin operating as soon as possible. With that in mind, the Department is always looking for ways to help applicants navigate through the permitting process.
As a result, the Department offers a host of services available to all applicants:
- Pre-Construction Meetings
- Design Professional Day
- Walk-thru Plans Processing
- Expedite Plans Review and Processing
- Fire/DERM Concurrent Plan Reviews
- Digitized Plan Reviews
- Early Start Permitting
- After-Hours Inspection Requests
- Temporary Certificate of Occupancy or Completion
In April 2013, the Building Department implemented two new services to further assist our customers.
|Optional Plan Review (OPR) - This service allows a customer the option to receive an expedited plan review for a fee. The customer can request a complete review cycle of all required trade reviews (building, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and electrical). The City will charge $95 per hour/per trade to review plans, with a minimum of one (1) hour and a maximum of two (2) hours, thus minimizing the impact of our regular customers, utilizing existing staff, and addressing the needs of time sensitive construction projects.
This additional plans review service provides an interim solution for smaller-scale type reviews such as interior built outs and small residential projects. By implementing this service our customers have an additional option from the existing Expedited Plans Review service, thus resulting in a savings to our customers and reducing their review period.
Optional Plan Review (OPR) Request Form
|Inspection Service Request (ISR) - To address the inspection service needs, the Building Department will hire inspectors to be utilized on an as-needed basis. Our patrons have expressed a need and desire to pay for such services in order to have inspectors available and complete their construction projects in a timely manner. The Department shall charge a $75 fee per hour/per inspector with a minimum of three (3) hours for ISR services. As part of this service, multiple inspections shall be performed during the three (3) hour period. The hiring of these additional inspectors will augment our current staffing levels.
* Forms for these two services are available in the Forms tab.
Aside from processing permits, the Building Department is also responsible for:
- Identifying, registering, and inspecting all of the boilers
- Inspecting unfired vessels within the City
- Monitoring and processing unsafe structures (properties that have been abandoned, have expired permits, or have been damaged in any way)
- Reviewing the inspection reports submitted by engineers certifying the structural and electrical soundness of buildings that are at least forty (40) years old
- In the event of a natural disaster, the Department is responsible for performing damage assessment throughout the City
||The City of Doral is also a member of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), a voluntarily program which makes federally backed flood insurance available to homeowners, renters, and business owners in participating communities. To maintain compliance with NFIP and with the City’s Floodplain Management Ordinance (2008-02), the Building Department is responsible for conducting floodplain and elevation certificate reviews to all building permit applications received. The NFIP’s Community Rating System (CRS) ranks the City’s efforts to reduce future flood damage and affords a flood insurance premium discount.
The City is audited once a year and re-certified once every five (5) years.
The Department is responsible for:
- reducing flood loses via enforcement of the current federal and local regulations
- collecting floodplain information and maintaining records of the community
- promoting awareness of flood insurance
- providing elevation and flood zone information
- issuing Flood Insurance Rate Map information letters to customers
The Building Department is on the 2nd Floor of the Government Center located at 8401 NW 53 Terrace, Doral, FL 33166. You may contact us by phone at (305) 593-6700 or via email at
The Building Department will strive to provide excellent customer service and continue to be innovative while working together with other departments, agencies, and professionals to build a City that is not only beautiful, but safe.
The Building Department is a professional organization committed to preserving the health, welfare and safety of its residents, businesses and the general public through effective and efficient code enforcement.