The City Attorney is appointed by the City Council to serve as the chief legal advisor to the Council, the City Manager, and all City departments, offices, and agencies and represents the City in all legal proceedings. The City Attorney provides quality legal representation to meet all of Doral's needs in a timely and professional manner.
Joe Jiménez is an Associate in the Land Use, Environment and Government Affairs Department. His practice focuses on land use and eminent domain issues, local government law and government procurement.
- Serves on the City Attorney team for The City of Doral.
- Served on the City Attorney team for The City of Marathon.
- Representation of multinational energy company in securing $16million contract with Miami Dade County.
- Representation of national software company in securing $11 millioncontract with Miami Dade County.
- Successfully represented local company in obtaining five year service contract with Miami Dade Police Department. Obtained summary judgment and successfully defended the appeal of equitable estoppel claim brought against the City of Marathon.
- Representation of property owners before local government administrative boards such as Design Review Boards, Zoning Boards of Adjustment, Unsafe Structures Boards and Historic Preservation Boards throughout South Florida.
Community and Professional Involvement
- Dade‐County Bar Association:
- Young Lawyers Section
- Administrative Law and Governmental Affairs
- Section (Steering Committee)
- Environmental and Land Use Law Section(Steering Committee)
- University of Miami School of Law Dean’s Fellowship in Real Property, 2004‐2005
- University of Miami School of Law Honor Council President, 2005‐2006
- Best Oral Advocate, Judge Duberstein National Moot Court Competition, 2006