Mayor Luigi Boria was born on April 23, 1958 in Caracas, Venezuela to Italian parents who had emigrated there in search of a better life. He was educated in the public school system of Caracas. After completing high school, he accepted a position with General Motors Corporation where he earned money to pay his way through college. In 1982, Luigi graduated from Universidad Católica Andres Bello in Venezuela where he earned a degree in accounting. Upon graduation, Luigi married his college sweetheart, Graciela. They have been married for 30 years and they have two children—Alexander and Maria Lorena.
In 1983, he opened his first company in Caracas, TMC-The Magic Computer. In 1989, Luigi made the decision to move to the United States and expand his business. He and his family settled in Doral, Florida where Luigi opened his second company TWC-The Wise Computer. TWC is a distributor of computers, computer parts, and accessories to all of Latin America. Twenty years later, TWC employs more than 30 people in Doral. Last year, Luigi continued his expansion by opening his third company The Magic Computer in Colombia.
Luigi and his family have resided in Doral for over twenty years. It is here where he has raised his children and built his business. For Luigi, Doral will always be home. It is this deep love for the City of Doral that first prompted Luigi to consider running for the City Council and then for Mayor of Doral.
Some of his experience includes:
- City of Doral Mayor from 2012-Present.
- City of Doral Councilman from 2010-2012.
- President of Fairways Home Association from 2004-2009.
- President of Westport Association 1996-2009.
- Licensed pastor Alpha and Omega church, 2007-Present.
- Ordained as a Pastor since 2009 Alpha & Omega church.
- Teacher at the Bible School of Alpha & Omega since 2005.
- General Motors of Venezuela 1976 through 1982.