ECONOMIC AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Established a License and Permit Intergovernmental agreement and education program to curtail processing time
- Proposed E-B 5 City Wide initiative for Foreign Investors
- Developed initiatives for jobs for special needs citizens
- Promoting government incentives for businesses and residents
- Developed a program to curtail license requirements for executive offices-small businesses
- Developed the “ Doral Business Incubator Career Center” to educate and inform business start-up’s and established companies of incentives and develop jobs
- Proposed resolution for the use of City of Doral Available Space for Business Incubator
Career Center Partnering with South Florida Workforce
- Proposed City event to educate the business community of Government incentives to hire people with special needs on January 30th, 2014
ART AND CULTURE PROGRAMS
- Proposed Cultural Arts Center and rental of the Cultural room at City Hall.
- Cultural Film Festival Liaison
- Promotion of Art and Culture initiative to provide a grant writer for the art non profit Doral Community.
- Proposed web-site that would provide a central place for connectivity for the art non-profit art community in Doral through the City of Doral website.
- Proposed every other months Street Art Fair
- Proposed the resurgence of “Social Fridays” once a month and the Holiday Trolley
QUALITY OF LIFE PROGRAMS
- Proposed motion for council to allow Community Based Organization (CBO) to re-apply for City funding
- Created Special Needs Advisory Board
- Establishing -Tuesday Open Door day for interactive government
- Proposed the expansion of Doral TV and communication programs
- Proposed resolution for continued and Uninterrupted Operation of the Doral and International Mall branches of Miami Dade Public Library Systems
- Proposed Park for the area of 79th avenue and 58th St.
- Open discussions to negotiate the use of the triangle park for the use of art festivals and other community activities.
- Support programs for traffic relief and police protection
- Proposed resolution directing that any Excess Funds From the City’s Red Light Camera Program be used to enhance Traffic Safety Programs and Infrastructure
- Introduced request supporting Girl Scouts Community Garden
- Introduced request from Kaskel Family to Re- Position the Alfred Kaskel Statue and was approved to be located at in front of City hall park.
- Introduced request to develop Historical book of the City of Doral
- Developed and updated Doral’s Business and Community Guide
WOMEN DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
- Proposed Initiative Doralian Women Leader and Youth Leader recognition for Women History month
- Proposed the creation of a “Commission on the Status of Women”
- Proposed resolution In Support of the United Nation’s Unite Campaign to End Violence Against Women and Girls and Supporting the Campaign’s “Safe Cities” Initiative on October 25th, 2013 also known as Orange Day
POLICY AND PROCEDURES
- Ordinance #2013-11 “Amending Section 2-73 Titled “Rules for Conduct of Business”
- Proposed resolution for Adopting Updated Policies and Procedures Concerning Proclamations, Certificates and Keys to the City
- Ordinance #2013-41 “Amending Code of Ordinances by Creating City Council Rules of Procedure and Order of Business for Special Call Council Meetings”
- Proposed change of City Charter to allow the City to operate a Library system while maintaining the use of the County Library system
- Proclamation Request for Doralian Women Leaders event on March, 2013
- Proclamation Request for “Panamanian American Chamber of Commerce Day” on November 19, 2013
- Proclamation Request for “International Award for Excellence Colombia Exterior Day” on November 23, 2013
- Key to the City Request for Ricardo Martinelli, President of Panama event on November 29, 2013
- Proclamation Request for “A Night to UNITE Day” event on December 6, 2013
- Proclamation Request for “Mexican American Council” event on December 15, 2013
- Requested a Resolution Amendment to the Venezuelan Act to include support for the Immigration Reform Act