Date & Time: Saturday, November 10th, 2012 l 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Doral Design District l N.W. 79th Ave., from north of 29th St. to south of 33rd St.Purpose:
- The City of Doral, in order to highlight the area designated as the Doral Design District, has created an annual event to be held in November.
- The event will provide an opportunity for the general public to be exposed to the merchants in the area as well as various local artisans and diverse food offerings.
About the Festival:
- The street festival will be an opportunity for the public to explore and be part of this transformation of the art, culture, walk-able streets, art festivals and retro fitting that includes the #1 Tile and Marble district in the world.
- Vendors, exhibitors and restaurants will give Miami-Dade County residents a taste of what the City of Doral and its Design District have to offer.
- The festival will feature a main stage with a variety of performances by local organizations and Do-It-Yourself shows as well as a Kid Village and various “dining” areas where guest can sit and enjoy their meals and festivities.
- The Kid Village will incorporate construction, deconstruction and environmentally friendly activities for children of all ages. The area will also feature a physical fitness component and kid friendly entertainment stage.
About the Doral Design District
- The Doral Design District is envisioned as a unique and vibrant regional destination providing a mix of uses - employment, retail, housing, public spaces, and recreation - in addition to a well planned circulation system of roadways, public transportation routes, pedestrian and bicycle routes.
- The District is poised to become a premier destination point for both the residents and visitors of Doral, with the District’s Core being home to Doral’s internationally renowned tile and marble industry.
- The District promises to be the Mecca for designers, artist, architects, boutique retail stores, galleries and restaurants.