|In 2005 the City of Doral approved by Resolution No. 05-12 established the “Adopt-A-Street” Program to promote cleanliness by decreasing litter throughout City streets.|
The Adopt-A-Street Program is an important way of maintaining the beautification of the City’s public right-of-way. Local organizations, private corporations and volunteer groups alike gather together to perform litter removal along one mile sections of the street adopted by each group. This two year agreement keeps each group responsible for the removal of litter along their adopted street a minimum of 4 times each year. As an important part of the beautification program, the City of Doral Public Works Department prepares a special event where the City Council members recognize the groups for their participation in the Program on their first clean-up date. In gratitude and acknowledgement of the groups’ commitment to the Adopt-A-Street Program, the City places a sign with the name of the group at the beginning and end of their adopted street.
As part of the Program, each group that adopts a street shall:
- Remove litter at least four (4) times a year in the public right-of-way adjacent to the roadway and on the medians along the minimum one-mile section of the street’s right-of-way adopted by the group.
- Perform litter removal in strict accordance with the guidelines of the Department’s “Adopt-A-Street” Program.
- Conduct and attend safety meetings and pre-task briefings prior to litter removal.
- Remove litter during daylight hours only.
- Remove litter under good weather conditions only.
- Contact the “Adopt-A-Street” Program coordinator to arrange an appropriate litter removal schedule which will not conflict with the Public Works Department’s mowing schedules.
- Ensure that all participants wear safety vests at all times during the litter-removal activity. The “Adopt-A-Street” Program coordinator should be contacted to obtain safety vests, traffic control signs and large plastic bags prior to litter-removal activity and return same when activity is complete.
- No litter pick up at construction or maintenance sites.
- Only allow such persons to participate as are determined by the group to be responsible enough to safely participate in the litter removal activities. Participating youths must be at least 12 years of age, and the group shall provide at least one adult supervisor to supervise every five youth ages 12-15 who are participating in the litter removal activity.
- Group cannot bring persons to observe the activity if the person is under the age of 16 and is not an official participant.
- Participants cannot wear clothing that shall hinder the sight of participants.
- Group shall not allow any individual, director, officer, and member or volunteer within the group who has been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor within the past five (5) years or who is currently the subject of a criminal investigation to participate.
- Group shall not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, age, sex, marital status, handicap or national origin in violation of any state or federal law.
The Public Works Department shall:
- Provide permanent “Adopt-A-Street” Program signs at the beginning and end of the adopted roadway section.
- Provide safety vests, traffic control signs and large plastic bags for use by the group when conducting a litter patrol.
- The Public Works Department will remove filed plastic bags from the adopted roadway section and dispose of them at an approved facility and provide the amount of pounds of litter removed.
- Remove certain litter under unusual circumstances (i.e., large, heavy or hazardous items).
Current list of participants:
- Toys for Kids Miami
- DHL Express (USA) - two locations
- Joint Military Members and Families of South Florida
- Downtown Doral
- PS Business Park
- Lambda Theta Phi Latin Fraternity, Inc.
- Taller en Accion, LLC
- Cordero CPA, P.A.
Please feel free to contact us at 305.593.6740, Ext. 6010
Adopt a street today!
|List of City streets that are available for adoption:|
|NW 18th Terr/NW 89th Place/NW 24th St||Adopted|
|NW 109th Ave from NW 50th St to NW 58th St||Not Adopted|
|NW 117th Ave from NW 41st St to NW 58th St||Not Adopted|
|NW 117th Ave from NW 25th St to NW 41st St||Adopted|
|NW 114th Ave from NW 74th St to NW 90th St||Not Adopted|
|NW 82nd St from NW 107th Ave to 117th Ave||Not Adopted|
|NW 82nd Ave from NW 25th St to 41st St||Adopted|
|NW 79th Ave from NW 25th St to 36th St||Adopted|
|NW 84th Ave from NW 12th St to 25th St||Adopted|
|NW 54th St from NW 87th Ave to 77th Ct||Not Adopted|
|NW 56th St from NW 87th Ave to 77th Ct||Not Adopted|
|NW 79th Avenue from NW 36th St to NW 58th St||Not Adopted|
|NW 41st Street from NW 79th Ave to NW 87th Ave||Not Adopted|
|NW 114th Ave from NW 41th St to NW 58th St||Not Adopted|
|NW 114th Ave from NW 41st St to NW 34th St and NW 34th St from NW 114th Ave to 117th Ave||Adopted|
|NW 112th Avenue from NW 41st St to 58th St||Not Adopted|
|NW 82nd Ave from NW 12th St to 25st St||Adopted|
|NW 50th St from NW 107th Ave to NW 117th Ave||Not Adopted|
|NW 33rd St from NW 97th Ave to NW 107th Ave||Not Adopted|
|NW 33rd St from NW 97th Ave to 87th Ave||Adopted|
|NW 53rd St from 79th Ave to 87th Ave, 52nd St from NW 79th Ave to 87th Ave, NW 84th Ave from 52nd St 53rd Terr and NW 53rd Terr from NW 87th Ave to NW 84th Ave||Adopted|