- User Department submits by email the request, which include complete specifications for desired product or service.
- Purchasing/Procurement prepares bid solicitation.
- Purchasing/Procurement places advertisements on website and forwards advertisement to City Clerk to place in newspaper.
- City Clerk advises Council that the bid advertisement has been placed in the web/newspaper.
- Bidder’s list is established from registered vendors with the City of Doral and submitted to User Department.
- Bid packages are available for pick-up by vendor at the City Clerk’s Office.
- Sealed Bids are submitted by Bidders by Specific date and time to the City Clerk’s Office.
- Sealed Bids are public opened and read aloud by the City Clerk’s Office.
- City Clerk’s Office establishes a Bid Results List which contains the name of bidder(s), and bid bond (if required).
- Bid Results List, electronic copies of bid package(s), and electronic copies of Cash Bonds, if applicable, are forwarded to Purchasing/Procurement.
- Copies of Bid Results List, Excel Bid Tabulation / Analysis Sheet, Bidder’s Price Sheet and Award Recommendation are developed by User Department to review for compliance of bid specification.
- User Department chooses a committee which will review the bids and tabulate results.
- User Department reviews back-up supporting documents and writes a memo to the City Manager justifying the need for the goods or services.
- If Contract Value is over $15,000
a. No. Purchasing certifies recommendation for award and submits to City Manager for approval.
i. Manager’s approval is sent to Purchasing
ii. Purchasing sends out Award Notices
b. Yes. Purchasing approves recommendation and prepares legislation for submission to City Clerk
i. Item is placed on Agenda and back-up material must be provided to CM for agenda.
ii. City Council awards bid
iii. Resolution is sent to Purchasing
iv. Purchasing sends out Contract Award