- Interviews / Appointments
Although not required, appointments are preferred and will help you to complete your business with a minimum of lost opportunity. We suggest that initial visits be somewhat general, giving us an introduction to you and product lines. Subsequent visits are ideal opportunities to explain in detail a single item or service that you provide. Line cards, catalogs and price lists are always helpful.
It is the policy of the Purchasing Division to seek verbal quotations whenever possible, within the scope of efficient operation. In the normal course of events, we will seek to get at least three quotations for materials or services up to $4,999.99; three written quotations on $5,000.00 to $15,000.00. Anything in excess of $15,000.00 must be a sealed bid. These rules may be effected by such things as time factor, single source items, previous purchase information, etc.
- All Formal Bids are advertised in the “Daily Business Review,” a newspaper published every working day.
- Public sealed bids are required for any item whose price exceeds $15,000.00 and must be submitted in accordance with the terms of the Invitation to Bid.
- All sealed bids advertised to be received by the City Manager shall be opened and read publicly. All bids received after the posted opening date and time shall be returned, unopened, to the bidder submitting same.
- Vendors are invited to attend bid openings. Upon submission of the bid tabulation and recommendation to the City Council by the City Manager, the City Council may award, reject. or refer for additional review the bid tabulation and recommendation.
The City of Doral is exempt from all federal excise and state sales taxes. Exemption certificates will be executed by the Finance Department upon written request by the vendor.
- Invoices / Payments
- All invoices must be addressed to the Department that received the order.
- Invoices must indicate the department who received the material and the Purchase Order number. Invoices without Purchase Order numbers will be returned to the vendor and will unnecessarily delay payment.
Samples may be requested by the City for the purpose of product evaluation. All samples should be submitted to the Purchasing Department unless we instruct otherwise. Samples should be clearly marked “Sample” and be clearly labeled with complete instructions for use. It is understood that samples will be provided at no charge to the City.
Access Here to view the City of Doral’s
Procurement and Purchasing Ordinance 2004-03